Dates and times:
- Thursday 21st June at 7:30pm: Play
- Friday 22nd June at 7:30pm: Play
- Saturday 23rd June at 4:00pm: Workshop: The Other Generation of ‘27 (with an English interpreter).
- Saturday 23rd June at 7:30pm: Play and Q+A after the play (with an English interpreter).
- Sunday 24th June at 7:30pm: Play
Author: Based on the Works of Miguel Mihura and Enrique Jardiel Poncela
Director: Susana Hernández
Producer: MAE PRODUCCIONES
Cast: Ascen López and Susana Hernández
Translator: Kathryn Phillips-Miles and Simon Deefholts
Suitable for 13yrs+
Running Time: 1 hour 15 minute (approx)
Venue: John Lyon’s Theatre, City Lit , 1-10 Keeley St, London WC2B 4BA View map
FeSTeLõn welcomes Susana Hernández and Ascen López and their production ‘Me Siento Pulga’- a play which mixes various fragments and scenes from the works of Enrique Jardiel Poncela and Miguel Mihura, two of the most famous Spanish playwrights from the early 20thcentury.
This surreal performance offers a glimpse into the feminine worlds created by these two literary greats at a time when Spain was on the brink of great change, dealing with everything from love to relationships to the role of women in society. The two actresses, Hernández and López (with Hernández also acting as Director) manage to bring to life these texts which are oftentimes difficult to stage, whilst also recreating this comical atmosphere of social transformation present in the works of Poncela and Mihura.